Point perms are perfect for solving partial hair problems such as wavy bangs or a squished back of the head. Here we will discuss in detail the benefits of point perms and hair types suitable for point perms.
Four major advantages of point perms
To begin with, what kind of perm is a “point perm”? A point perm is a perm that is applied to the bangs or top part of the hair to create movement or volume. Even though it is called a “point” perm, if you apply a perm to the entire hair ends, it is not a point perm. Below are the four major advantages of point perms.
- Since it is a partial treatment, it takes only a short time, and perms can be done at a reasonable price.
- Since the area to be permed is limited, damage caused by perms can be minimized even when hair damage is a concern.
- Highly designable hairstyles, such as straightening only the bangs around the face or adding volume only at the top.
- Shortens blow-drying and setting time, making it much easier to style your hair at home.
What hair types are suitable for point perms?
As mentioned above, point perms allow you to make various changes to your hairstyle. So, what hair types are actually suitable for point perms? Let us introduce them in detail below.
- thin hair, lack of volume, and hair on the top is easily flattened.
If your hair lacks volume at the top, a point perm will give it a fluffy, natural volume and make it easier to set.
- bangs tend to swell easily
Straight perm on the bangs as a point perm will make even wavy bangs silky and easy to manage.
- Straight hair, difficult to make hair flow and move.
If you have straight hair that easily falls out when you curl it with an iron, you can maintain a style with movement by applying a point perm. Also, if your hair always curls outward on one side, you can keep it beautifully curled inward by applying a point perm to the ends of one side of your hair.
- hair lacks bounce and body and is easily damaged
If your hair is thin and easily damaged, perming the hair as a whole will cause progressive damage. With point perms, you can apply perms only to areas where you want movement, such as the bangs and sides, so you can get closer to your ideal hairstyle while minimizing damage to your hair.
Point perms, and they’re the answer to all your hair woes!
If your hair is short, such as short or bobbed, perms can create movement around the face and add a soft atmosphere. Also, when bangs are in the way of growing out, you can arrange even halfway-length hair in a cute way by applying a point perm so that it flows.
Point perms are ideal when you want to make a change to your hairstyle without cutting your hair. If you have partial problems with your hair, by all means, take advantage of point perms for a pretty makeover!