Have you ever felt your scalp stiff when you touch your head with shampoo? This may be due to poor blood flow to the scalp. In this issue, we will introduce how to soften your scalp.
What happens when blood flow to the scalp is poor?
When blood flow to the scalp is poor, oxygen and nutrients do not reach the hair follicles properly, causing hair loss. This is one of the reasons why people believe that a hard scalp = baldness. To prevent hair loss, it is important to promote blood circulation in the scalp on a regular basis and keep the scalp soft.
Recommended scalp massage and brushing methods
Scalp massage and brushing are said to be effective in improving blood circulation and keeping the scalp soft. Below are details of recommended scalp massage and brushing methods.
When hair is wet, friction can damage hair. Scalp massage should always be performed before shampooing. If done at a strength that feels comfortable, it will stimulate the parasympathetic nervous system and increase the relaxing effect. You can also use massage goods.
- Using the bellies of your fingers, massage from the back of the neck to the top of the head, rubbing in and out.
Next, massage from the top of the ears to the crown of the head, and finally from the front hairline to the crown of the head.
It is said that brushing provides moderate stimulation to the scalp and improves blood circulation. Carefully brush hair from the ends and gradually brush toward the roots.
- First, loosen tangles at the ends of the hair.
- Place the tip of the brush lightly on the scalp and slowly slide the brush downward from the parted ends.
- Move the brush down from the top of the head to the nape of the neck, matching the roundness of the head and being conscious of the scalp.
- Lightly pat the entire scalp with the brush to stimulate.
- From the hairline to the crown of the head, lightly stimulate pressure points with the handle of the brush.
- Brush from the hairline to the crown of the head, pulling up the facial skin
- Finish by brushing the entire hairline.
Improving the scalp environment is the first step in preventing thinning hair.
If you are concerned about thinning hair, it is important to maintain a good scalp environment. Keep the scalp soft with scalp massage and brushing to create a scalp environment where healthy hair can grow.